Consolodated Dutchwest FA264CCL - Very little air coming out of top vents

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
geoxman said:
I don't know how many CFM your fan is pushing now but I bought one of these for $40 on the larger 288 and it pushes out plenty of air and is about 1/6 the price of the CDW fan. You might want to give it a try for $40. good luck

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?catname=&item=16-1404

That's a good price Geo I used the Dayton version of that fan.. These blowers tend to be noisy and reducing airflow helps to reduce the noise.. The blower on the T-5 cost 6X what that blower cost but it is much quieter, moves more air, has a T-stat and manual override..

Ray

The stove has been pumping out a good amount of heat. I guess I've been spoiled by the high CFM fans that they put in coal stokers. That's what my most recent experience is with. This stove with the 60CFM fan still puts out a lot of heat, it just doesn't move the heat around as fast as other stoves with high cfm fans.

It's running like a champ & i'm glad I took the top off to rebuild it.

I think I'm going to replace the warped fire shield below the cat. It gets in the way of me loading up the fire box b/c it sticks down several inches.

Sounds like you're doing well there! That baffle is easy to replace and around 25 bucks.. I added washers to the bolts that hold the baffle in place and neverseize on the threads..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.