1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Consumables In Non-Cat Stoves

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by BrotherBart, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tradergordo

tradergordo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Phoenixville, PA
    VC Dutchwest non-cat has no "consumables". All firebrick and the components of the everburn system are covered by the lifetime warrantee. There is a white fibrous material at the bottom of the secondary burn chamber (I think its some kind of ceramic filament?) that is not supposed to be handled roughly - but the only time you could possibly even touch it is when you have the flue disconnected and you are reaching down in there with a vacuum cleaner to clean it. There is no "blanket" material or burn tubes.

My friend just got a quadrafire isle royale. Also no blanket as mentioned already, but does have the burn tubes at the top - they look very strong and it would seem difficult to bang them when loading. One thing I noticed was that stove came with a label saying it had a 72.8% efficiency rating (very nice).

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Sandor

Sandor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Deltaville,VA
    Maybe the newer ones, but the last one, about 4 years ago, had a mechanically induced raised nipple on the tube that was supposed to hold it in. Did not work very well. The whole setup is rather loose fitting, I guess to compensate for expansion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.