Consumables In Non-Cat Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VC Dutchwest non-cat has no "consumables". All firebrick and the components of the everburn system are covered by the lifetime warrantee. There is a white fibrous material at the bottom of the secondary burn chamber (I think its some kind of ceramic filament?) that is not supposed to be handled roughly - but the only time you could possibly even touch it is when you have the flue disconnected and you are reaching down in there with a vacuum cleaner to clean it. There is no "blanket" material or burn tubes.

My friend just got a quadrafire isle royale. Also no blanket as mentioned already, but does have the burn tubes at the top - they look very strong and it would seem difficult to bang them when loading. One thing I noticed was that stove came with a label saying it had a 72.8% efficiency rating (very nice).

Roospike said:
Sandor said:
Had two different Regency's, and those exposed air tubes at the top of the firebox fell out all the time. PITA

On my second and larger unit, I went back to the stove store and they said it happened all time and gave me a handful!
How did the air tubs "sit" up in there ? I thought i heard somebody state that one model had "pins" to hold the air tubs in .

Maybe the newer ones, but the last one, about 4 years ago, had a mechanically induced raised nipple on the tube that was supposed to hold it in. Did not work very well. The whole setup is rather loose fitting, I guess to compensate for expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.