Contest: Guess What I Am Doing This Weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
The winner will get the pile of sawdust and noodles shown in the picture.

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

I don't think the picture does it justice. It seems a lot bigger in person! :bug:

The elm on the left was dropped in my driveway yesterday so got that cut up and stacked this morning. The ash on the right was cut at a friend's house last week and today was the first chance I've had to bring it over.

The ash is my last wood for 2012/13 and the elm is my first wood for 2013/14 (Since now I know I am getting an Oslo, it is the first wood cut at 22". I will now have 14", 16", 20" and 22" wood in my stacks. It will be nice when that all gets burned.)

I love the smell of black walnut in in the morning!

"I don’t think the picture does it justice. It seems a lot bigger in person"

LOL its always bigger in person!

wendell said:
The winner will get the pile of sawdust and noodles shown in the picture.

[I don't think the picture does it justice. It seems a lot bigger in person! :bug:

The elm on the left was dropped in my driveway yesterday so got that cut up and stacked this morning. The ash on the right was cut at a friend's house last week and today was the first chance I've had to bring it over.

The ash is my last wood for 2012/13 and the elm is my first wood for 2013/14 (Since now I know I am getting an Oslo, it is the first wood cut at 22". I will now have 14", 16", 20" and 22" wood in my stacks. It will be nice when that all gets burned.)

Looks like some nice btu's, nice work.

zap

Wendell,

Congrats on the Oslo B/B!

I cut our wood to 20+/- for our Oslo but that's just me. I've got that was cut by someone else to 16" - man, that sure seems short not that I've got the Oslo.

Stay cool splitting that this weekend!

Shari

smokinjay said:
"I don’t think the picture does it justice. It seems a lot bigger in person"

LOL its always bigger in person!

For reference, the sawdust and noodle pile almost filled the back of my pick up.

I've been splitting since I originally posted this and it feels like I haven't even made a dent in it.

gzecc said:
I love the smell of black walnut in in the morning!

???

Nice pile...have fun this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.