1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Continuation of wood ID

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by mxjamie540, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mxjamie540

mxjamie540 Member

Loc:
    southern illinois
    Well my pictures were too large for me to complete all my questions in one post, so here goes another.

Also if you notice in the picture of the large pile of rounds. There is a few rounds visible that are very light colored on the sapwood and have a very distinct green heartwood. Those logs I scrounged and there was no leaves to ID them. Wood is medium weight, very clear grained and a very green, almost neon green heartwood. I forgot to take a picture of those rounds and splits and now it is dark.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mxjamie540

mxjamie540 Member

Loc:
    southern illinois
    sorry, forgot the pics..... all better now
  3. Tony H

Tony H New Member

Loc:
    N Illinois
    It would help to have a close up picture because I have no idea what wood you are pointing out. I just started cutting up a tree with a similar green inside but it's quite dense and has a dark brown rough but not furrowed and I have been told and confirmed here it is Mulberry
    Does it look like this ?

Attached Files:

4. mxjamie540

mxjamie540 Member

Loc:
    southern illinois
    it's the rounds that have a very different colored heartwood. I forgot to take closeups yesterday. Then it got dark

I will try to get some better pics today.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.