Continuation of wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mxjamie540

Nov 10, 2009
southern illinois
Well my pictures were too large for me to complete all my questions in one post, so here goes another.

Also if you notice in the picture of the large pile of rounds. There is a few rounds visible that are very light colored on the sapwood and have a very distinct green heartwood. Those logs I scrounged and there was no leaves to ID them. Wood is medium weight, very clear grained and a very green, almost neon green heartwood. I forgot to take a picture of those rounds and splits and now it is dark.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4766-1.jpg
    IMG_4766-1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_4762.jpg
    IMG_4762.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 219
It would help to have a close up picture because I have no idea what wood you are pointing out. I just started cutting up a tree with a similar green inside but it's quite dense and has a dark brown rough but not furrowed and I have been told and confirmed here it is Mulberry
Does it look like this ?

Attachments

• PB170004.jpg
    PB170004.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 188
it's the rounds that have a very different colored heartwood. I forgot to take closeups yesterday. Then it got dark

I will try to get some better pics today.

Status
Not open for further replies.