Continuous Burners ... when do you remove the ashes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been so cold for so long and I have been burning woods that create a lot of ash. I have been dumping ash in the Princess about once a week.

I did a complete clean out and cleaned the front of the cat and glass. I also cleaned the air intake for the fan, lots of dust get sucked into the air intake for the fan.
It is amazing how much wood goes into the stove and is reduced to a small amount of ash.
Sure is alot of fun using the wood burner for heat. Much more simple just to press buttons on the funace.

Without planning it out i have found that I am removing some ash every Monday and Thursday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.