Control box issue with Castile Quardra-Fire.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ne6359

Sep 7, 2008
wisconsin
I have a six year old Castile . This stove has been nothing but a big headache from the day it was installed. The control box was replaced under warranty within the first month, erratic ignition. Within the first year a new style auger, new number two snap disk. I clean the convection blower twice a year but it makes so much noise you can not sit in the room and hear the tv.

This fall after a very complete cleaning and first fire for the season I have a problem with the exhaust blower. It will come on when first plugged in. When I turn the thermostat up , the call light comes on, pellets feed, fire starts and everything is working great. When the stove shuts down the exhaust blower never stops. My question being, does this sound like a malfunction control box? All lights work as the manual says they should. If I do need to replace the control box does anyone know of a cheaper source then $240.00

Thanks for letting a newbie to the forums vent. I would be very very hard pressed purchase another Quadra-fire product or recommend one to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.