Control Panel Problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rothwellpa

Dec 2, 2009
Lexington Park, MD
Hello Team,

I am very new to this board, just found it trying to search for a problem with my Dansons PelPro Bay View Insert pellet stove. I have only had this stove for one partial season and having problems already. I had it installed by a pro and it was working just fine until I had problems getting the air intake adjusted. I pulled the stove from the insert and found the air inlet damper was stuck. I released the stuck damper and somehow caused a problem with the control board. I opened the board to examine it but cannot tell what is wrong. Is there a simple way to test this board? I know there is power to it but nothing seems to work. Any help is appreciated.

V/R
PA

Read the manual
check to see if you pulled any wires off

what is the problem with the stove
blowers will not come on?
auger not feeding?
low burn?

Thanks very much for the response. My problem is nothing appears on the control panel. It is as if there is not power to it. I checked the wires and all seem to be connected okay. Not sure where to go from here.

Also wanted to mention that I read the manual from cover to cover before I made this post. It is strange that I am not getting any readings. Everything was working prior to me pulling the unit from the insert opening.

V/R
PA

...... I know this is a dumb question but I'm gonna ask it anyway.... did you check the breaker, outlet, plug to the outlet, plug on the stove side of the cord if it plugs in like my stove does......... you did say this happened after you moved the stove ......... sorry... had to ask.... cc :cheese:

CanadaClinker said:
...... I know this is a dumb question but I'm gonna ask it anyway.... did you check the breaker, outlet, plug to the outlet, plug on the stove side of the cord if it plugs in like my stove does........

OK, I'll ask a dumb question too......is there a fuse on the circuit board? If so, did you check to see it's not blown?

Yes, I checked the power supply with another appliance and also checked the circuit board for fuses...did not see any. Good questions but I checked them already.

V/R
PA

Sorry dont know what to say
I do know that the 3 I sold and one person brought it back to us after a week. so I have 2 out there and one in storage that we rob parts off.
I replace 3 control boards in one stove alone over a 5 year time frame.

rothwellpa said:
Yes, I checked the power supply with another appliance and also checked the circuit board for fuses...did not see any. Good questions but I checked them already.

V/R
PA

I know it's possible, but I find it hard to believe that there are NO fuses anywhere on the stove. Could there be an inline fuse in the power cord somewhere? Did you check both sides of the control board for fuses? My Astoria even had a second fuse that was mounted in a round holder in the rear of the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.