Controlling the temperature on my Harmon Harmon P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterworker123

Oct 18, 2014
Maine
I'm have my stove on room temp. I put the ignitor on manual and it seems like I can't control the temperature. I put the nob @ 60 and left the house for a couple of hours and the house is 75 degrees. My house is a 28x48 Ranch. Am I doing something wrong??? Seems like I burn more pellets with this setting. I bought my stove last March and I'm still learning the in's and out's. Any input would be appreciated.

I'm have my stove on room temp. I put the ignitor on manual and it seems like I can't control the temperature. I put the nob @ 60 and left the house for a couple of hours and the house is 75 degrees. My house is a 28x48 Ranch. Am I doing something wrong??? Seems like I burn more pellets with this setting. I bought my stove last March and I'm still learning the in's and out's. Any input would be appreciated.
where is the long black room temperature wire probe located coming off the back of the stove?

It's a HarmAn. If you don't know that, that's part of the problem.... Put in in auto and see what happens. In manual it goes into maintenance burn and will never shut off. It isn't cold enough outside yet to run in manual and that beast of a stove will heat the room up way past 60 degrees even at idle.

I relocated it this afternoon across the room from the stove maybe 10 feet +/-
If you are running Room temp/manual, the fire will die down but not go out.
it will just keep feeding some pellets every so and so to keep a maint burn going.
Put it on Room temp/Auto.
Fire will slowly go out when temperature u set it at is reached..
just noticed.. u have the P68 BEAST....._g
Harman lover above beat me to this post by 1 minute with same Info..

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Harman lover above beat me to this post by 1 minute with same Info..
.....but you didn't correct his spelling.....lol

It's a HarmAn. If you don't know that, that's part of the problem.... Put in in auto and see what happens. In manual it goes into maintenance burn and will never shut off. It isn't cold enough outside yet to run in manual and that beast of a stove will heat the room up way past 60 degrees even at idle.
The problem is that u bought a Harmon . If u would if bought the harman u wouldn't be having these issues

Status
Not open for further replies.