1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Convection blower bearings

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by sharke40, Nov 12, 2012.

1. sharke40

sharke40 Member

Loc:
    northern michigan
    I can get 10 bearings plus free shipping on ebay, 261125527943 emq v2+ 608 bearings or pay 180$.Why not?????

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    For a what?
  3. sharke40

sharke40 Member

Loc:
    northern michigan
    breckwell 2700 convection blower.... 180+ for a new blower motor or under 10$ for new bearings?5 bearing changes for way cheaper!
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Keep us updated on the bearing change. And how you do it.
  5. sharke40

sharke40 Member

Loc:
    northern michigan
    Ok, got my convection blower off. To change the bearings I pulled the squirel cage off and took the fasco motor and blew the dust out. I marked a witness line on the case to get everything back in orientation, but the ends are tabbed so I dont think it matters much but you never know. Next I got a small screwdiver and popped the clips on the back. Carefull they my fly!! the bearings are held in each end of the motor with a rubber cup. The shaft has a small clip to keep the bearings out to the ends of the motor- no need to remove them. Put a bearing in each cup ,reassemble and tap the clips with a small hammer to replace them. I put it back in the stove and the WIFE says it quiter than when it was new! Hopefully it makes up for working on the kitchen table!
    mralias likes this.
  6. sharke40

sharke40 Member

Loc:
    northern michigan
    The bearing are 8mm bore,22mm outer diameter, 7mm width witch is a 608 series. I got the electric motor quality,v2 witch is the vibration rating. Search the net and you will find tons of different styles. They even have ceramic bearing that size but I think they are for skateboards!
  7. imacman

imacman Guest

Too bad you didn't do a "How to" using pics of each step. I'm a visual learner....;)
  8. sharke40

sharke40 Member

Loc:
    northern michigan
    sorry no pics ,but im handy but not real computer savy!I dont have a camera or cell phone! Its really not complicated at all once you pop one apart
  9. Harvey Schneider

Harvey Schneider Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southbury, CT
    We used to use ceramic bearings in the motors of high speed centrifuges. The ceramic bearings eliminate the problem of induced currents circulating through the bearings. That improved efficiency and improved bearing life. Those issues may not apply to ordinary AC motors, they were an issue for brush-less DC motors with their high frequency chopper drives.
  10. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    I am always amazed of how much knowledge that exists on this forum.