Convection blower going bad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry B

Dec 1, 2013
pa
Got up this morning to my Breckwell p24 convection blower making a loud noise that has gotten worse. Will the stove still run if the blower is not plugged in ? I can get a new one here in about two days but need some heat in the house.

I would imagine that the stove may overheat if the convection blower is not moving the heat away from the stove.
If you are mechanically inclined, you may be able to take the motor to Grainger or an electrical motor supply company and get a replacement.

Got up this morning to my Breckwell p24 convection blower making a loud noise that has gotten worse. Will the stove still run if the blower is not plugged in ? I can get a new one here in about two days but need some heat in the house.
Check to see if the end plates on the motor housing have become loose. Motors that rattle loudly often need nothing more than for the little dimples on the edges of the housing to be tightened. That can be done with a nail set and hammer.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
X2 on checking the motor housing, or deteriorated rubber bushings that keep the blower from vibrating. When my stove starting making an intermittent bearing squeal besides having reduced air flow output, I knew it was my blower motor starting to go, as opposed to the usual harmonic vibration sounds typical of Quad stoves. Even though my convection blower bearings were supposedly sealed and not able to be oiled, I took the motor out and found where I could squirt some graphite lubricant into the bearings to buy some time until I got a replacement blower motor. Don't know how hard it is to access your convection blower motor, if you can do that temp fix on your P24, but may be worth a shot.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Status
Not open for further replies.