Convection blower on Englander 55SHP doesn't work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptomp1

Jan 21, 2012
northern maine
I own a 55SHP and the convection blower doesn't come on when stove heats up. I unplugged my exhaust blower and plugged it into the room blower to see if blower worked, which it did. I then replaced the thermal sensor and convection blower still doesn't work. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.

I had the same problem with mine, although mine was the room air blower. Turns out it was the triac on the board that controls it. It is salvageable, about a $4 part and a little soldering. If you attempt it, I'd suggest putting a ZIF (zero insertion force) socket in at the same time.

Eric

I own a 55SHP and the convection blower doesn't come on when stove heats up. I unplugged my exhaust blower and plugged it into the room blower to see if blower worked, which it did. I then replaced the thermal sensor and convection blower still doesn't work. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.

what is the year model?

does it have an igniter? if it does then the board has a built in diagnostic tool. though the sensor replacement does rule out heat in most cases (check the "air on temp" button, make sure its set on 1) this is located at the bottom right corner of the board. if its set up too high the board may be looking for too much temp and thus the blower would not be told to run

the stove does have a igniter,I posted the model wrong it's a 55TRPEP Mantactured in 6/2009. My air on temp is on 1. Thanks for the replies.

ok, that model has the heat sensor mounted on the top of the exhaust coupler, might pop the pipe loose and see if theres ash buildup in the coupler which may be insulating the sensor. have you gotten any "E-2" failures since this room fan issue started?

Status
Not open for further replies.