Convection blower removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJohnfromCT

Feeling the Heat
Dec 29, 2012
Danbury, CT
Can anyone tell me how to remove the convection blower on a Quadrafire MVAE. It was manufactured in January 2011. The blower really needs to be cleaned and I think to do it right I should take it out. Problem is that the power supply and the control board seem to be in the way. Thank you.

The manual says you have to remove the power supply... page 40.

I'm on mobile and can't see your signature. Do you have the insert or the free standing model?

Here is a vid on the free standing

For the insert you don't need to remove the power supply. Just need to pull the stove out.

Last edited:
The manual says you have to remove the power supply... page 40.

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed to know. Have you ever attempted it? Is there any risk of breaking wires if one is careful?

I'm on mobile and can't see your signature. Do you have the insert or the free standing model?

Here is a vid on the free standing

For the insert you don't need to remove the power supply. Just need to pull the stove out.

John, it's a free standing. The video is very helpful if not a little scary. I consider myself pretty handy but maneuvering the blower around all those wires is a little daunting. I guess slow and easy is the key. Thank you.

Let me know how you made out. At the end of the season I'm going to take mine out and clean it.

I take mine out yearly, usually around the time I'm closing up the stove for the summer. I then grab a handful of q-tips dabbed in water and I can get into every nook on the blower. I clean the general housing area with a damp rag as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.