Convection blower Stopping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdempsey

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2011
kentucky
Came down stairs and notice the convection blower was not running. Done this yesterday also. Can change the blower speed from 9 to 1. Still no blower. Its strange for when working correctly you can not set the blower speed to 1 when the feed rate is 1. But will let me as long as its not blowing. This normal?

I can unplug the stove and plug it right back in and the blower will start working in about 30 seconds And run for a while and stop again.

Any ideas?

I don't have your stove but wonder if you are running on a real low burn rate and the snap switch for the convection blower is opening when the convection blower cools the heat exchanger down below its set point.

Sounds like the lower limit temp point is being reached and the control board is shutting the blower off for lack of heat. Happens to me sometimes when I'm running on low feed rates 1 or 2 with "shoulder season" pellets (low btu output).

Give Mike H. & the boys at Englander a call and ask about it.....they may have a solution.

My solution when burning lower grade pellets was to raise the LFF and LBA settings some. I have my LFF at 3 and LBA at 5. Seems to work, but every stove is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.