Convection fan issue on m55...weird...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetussnow

Oct 3, 2012
Westchester, ny
Hi all

I wake this morning and the stove is on shut down mode. House is a little chilly. Sure enough the high temperature switch is tripped. So I reset and restart the stove, but the fan does not kick on. No problem, I change the fuse, and I start the stove up.

Now the problems begin: When the stove gets warm, the fan kicks on, but starts cycling between high and low speeds at about a 2 or 3 second interval. I played with the heat settings, but on every setting, it did the same thing. Fan n high, then on a low, then high. Weird. I figure the mother board is dead, something like That maybe is blew the fuse to begin with.

If anyone has experienced such a thing, I'd be interested to know. Dealer is coming next week, so he says, but he ought to have a new mother board in his hands when he gets here. The thing is under warranty.

The stove was hooked to a good quality surge protector?

Status
Not open for further replies.