Convection motor problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Erie88

Jan 11, 2018
Highlandville missouri
Hello I have an issue with my convection motor on my austroflamm (I think it’s an integra) pellet stove. I recently cleaned the blower motor by takeoff it out and removing the motor from the blower wheel. I oiled the bushings and reassembled the motor and wheel. Now it will not get up to speed. There are some washers and I’m not sure if I have them in the coextensive places and maybe that is what’s wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated we are currently with out heat with the stove not working.

Not sure exactly what your motor looks like, but mine has rubber cap surrounds for the bearings, and a spring washer goes into there to keep some space between the bearing and cap. The first time I took mine apart to grease it, I accidentally reversed the spring washer, so it was forcing the rubber cup into the bearing instead of keeping them pushed apart, slowing the motor down. I stopped it and took it apart, and realized what I did.

Thank you for the quick respons. I am not too sure what the spring washer looks like. There are two larger washers one red and plastic one metal and brass looking (looks like a pully wheel) and there are several thin black washers and a fabric one. Three of the black one broke when pulling the motor off. I have the red one between the motor and the blower wheel, the brass looking one is between the motor and the end cap that the screws go in.

Pictures might help us help you. Can you provide?

Hi just to let you know I messed with the washers today and placed them not to tight and I was able to make it work, there is still a rattle and the motor is getting rather hot but we have ordered a new motor so we won’t have a problem.