Convection works great but......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BURNSOFTEN

Dec 23, 2010
Fairfield Cnty - CT
Convection and proper window and door seals allow my 2nd floor of a colonial to stay 1-2 Deg below downstair temp (stove on 1st flr). Here's the problem, the bedroom that is 4 feet away from 2nd floor thermostat is 7-9 Deg cooler..... its crazy that convection gets my 2nd floor hot but it cant get the heat to travel another 4 feet into bedroom...

I've tried the corner door fan blowing in both directions...did not work
Stand up oscalating fan blowing in both directions...did not work

all other bedrooms doors are closed on 2nd floor

Guys..what am I missing??

Right now the 2nd floor hallway is 72 but the bedroom is 60....such a large difference in temp tells me something is up

How about a fan on the floor in the doorway of the 60* room blowing out into the warm room.

Pedestal fans are not ideal for this. They are too high. Take a table or box fan and put it on the floor in the bedroom, about 3-4 ft back from the door pointed toward the opening. Turn it on low speed. Allow it to run for about an hour. When I did this with our house and master bedroom (very similar to your's) I saw ~5F gain after about an hour.

+5F would be great...the wife would love that

thanks fo the tip..this is the 1 thing I havent tried

Once again, BeGreen is right on.

And once again BeGreen and Backwoods Savage are right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.