Conversion From Wood to Pellet Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bchapaz

Sep 29, 2011
Western NY
Hi All,

I purchased a "floor model" Breckwell P24I Pellet Insert to replace my woodburning insert. In researching the best price for a new 4" Flex Liner, I came across an apapter for 3" or 4" to 6" pipe. I already have a 6 inch flex flue installed in my chimney. The flex flue is only 5 years old and has been cleaned yearly with little to no creosote. The flex liner run is about 23 feet to the cap (12" over the chimney). I'm just concerned about the draft.

Thank you!

I have my pellet stove venting into a 8" stove pipe, and no draft problems.

Attachments

• Astoria 1.jpg
    Astoria 1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 10-CPM Burn2.jpg
    10-CPM Burn2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 175
Thanks. I searched for a while on the forums and saw that. I think I'll go that route (cheaper) due to not having any issues with the wood insert.

Again, thank you for the reply!!

Status
Not open for further replies.