Convert ZC FP to Wood Stove (Now with Picture)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the info so far.

I've made the decision to go ahead and tear out the existing flue and replace it with a proper class a.
I haven't yet broken the drywall and I'd like to get the details sorted before I do. My goal is to get my clearances down as much as possible since it's a relatively small room. The existing ZC FP sits on the foundation and vents straight up through a chase. I plan to replace the flue add a T and run it into the back of the woodstove. Any advice on methods for reducing clearances? If I tear out the existing unit and lay brick from the the foundation up do I need any clearance? That is, can I push the stove close to the back wall if all there is behind it is brick then the chase? This assumes I observe the clearances to the side of the unit. I've attached a pic to show where it's going.

2eyujc6.jpg

Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.