Convince me to go Boiler...or not

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get my wood for nothing, and can burn green if need be. im not putting them down! for a newby though, ide go owb. thats why they make different flavored ice cream, to each his own. hey were all not giving our money to the arabs

Reactions: flyingcow
A friend bought an OWB 2 years ago, he's heating a slightly larger area than us but it is better insulated. Fpr some reason he's not using it for dhw. He is burning about 10 cords per year versus our 4.5/yr. I also get my wood for "free" and can find better things to do with my spare time than look for that much wood each year. Our initial start up costs were slightly higher but not a lot more. Even though he won't admit it I know he's jealous that I can be in my bathrobe/slippers at 6am loading up for the day while he's out in the weather(and lately it's been brutal).

Reactions: maple1
Status
Not open for further replies.