cook stove burner plate replacements?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter

Aug 9, 2007
Boulder County, CO
Greetings to All:

My family has a Quick Meal cook stove, circa 1918-1921 (we think). It was in a vacation house when purchased in 1952. When I was a kid, the folks burned coal in it, but now we only use wood. This old reliable needs some tender loving care.

Who might supply replacement or replica burner top-plates? (I do have the part numbers somewhere from when we last cleaned the thing.) The stove is located in Colorado.

BTW, it is wonderful to have found a forum so dedicated to the Zen of Wood Burning. 'Fabulous site.

Best Regards,

Dexter

Welcome aboard I have seen some on Ebay in the past. You might do a Ebay search and see it it comes up with something

Yeah, that is similar to our stove. Ours is a bit older, I think. It has white enamel with a blue logo. The lettering on the logo is different, but the chick-catching-bug-right-out-of-egg emblem looks the same. It has scrolled nickel feet and a nickel towel bar/safety bar (?) across the front at burner level. It's a nice stove, but the burner plates are cracked, or have been copper (or bronze?) braised. We cook on it often, and it HEATS.

Thanks for the suggestion, folks. I'll talk to those folks.

Regards,

Dexter

Status
Not open for further replies.