Cooked dinner IN the PE Vista last night!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
Last night I had a filet thawed out and it was cold and rainy outside. I did not feel like grilling outside in it. Sooooooo, I went outside, pulled half the grate off my weber gas grill (small 2 burner model) and what do ya know, it fits absolutely PERFECT!!!! You woulda thought this thing was made for the vista. Anyway, medium rare filet over oak coals took about 8 minutes. I also grilled some garlic bread slices and made a salad! Gotta love a dinner where the only dishes you dirty are the ones you eat from!

On tonights menu is some Dietz and Watson Cheddarwurst over oak while the italian beef is slowcooking!
I see some fajitas coming soon too!

Who else cooks IN their stove? What all do you cook?

(I did take pics but they are on the phone....and crappy to boot)

Ive heard of pizza, begreen has been working/perfecting a few years now.

Is it woodstock who make 15in soapstone pizza 'pan'?

No clue how youd get one in or out of their stoves though.

I was thinking about cooking in/on mine when I first got the stove. Then I got a nice charcoal kamado-style grill and a gazebo to shelter it.

We made a chicken in our last night, in the dutch oven. I'm thinking we need to get a nice grill rack set up because cleaning the dutch oven afterwords makes me cranky.

Shoulda took pictures!

From a different thread it has been suggested that a replacement grill rack of the proper size and 4 firebricks for the legs, might just be the ticket.

I cook marinated Flank Steak or Salmon in a long handled grilling basket. It takes some lower arm effort since I have to rest the basket handle on the stove door opening to hold it over the coals and flip it twice. Need a nice small bed of coals to keep the meat from incinerating and your face from scorching. I just pull a chair up close and go for it when ready. Long gloves and a supply of cold beer next to you helps as well. It only takes about 8 minutes total for a 1.5 lb flank or 2 lb salmon fillet. So good when done rare and sliced and smokey and tasty, ohh man.

The tray from the TV dinner keeps catching fire. :-S

Status
Not open for further replies.