1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Cookin On The Keystone

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Todd, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Broke out the cast iron grill tonight and cooked a couple chicken breasts. Works pretty well but you have to get a good fire going to get that grill hot since it sits about a half inch above the stone top on those iron bars.

By the time they were cooked it was getting a little warm in here so I turned the stove down to .5 to snuff out the flame and go into low slow cat mode.

100_1748.JPG
    Backwoods Savage likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. corey21

corey21 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Soutwest VA
    Looks like some good chicken.
  3. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    For some reason, I just got very hungry. ==c
  4. leeave96

leeave96 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western VA
    I'm wondering if you could just turn the damper down, snuff out the flames, force the cat to crunch all of the smoke, send the stove top up (if necessary) to 700 degrees and cook your chicken without cooking yourself out of the room.

Thanks!
    Bill
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  5. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I think your right, I should of turned it down sooner but It was a cold start and once the grill was hot I started cooking. Only got up to 79 in the stove room so it wasn't too bad.