Cookin On The Keystone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Broke out the cast iron grill tonight and cooked a couple chicken breasts. Works pretty well but you have to get a good fire going to get that grill hot since it sits about a half inch above the stone top on those iron bars.

By the time they were cooked it was getting a little warm in here so I turned the stove down to .5 to snuff out the flame and go into low slow cat mode.

100_1748.JPG

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Broke out the cast iron grill tonight and cooked a couple chicken breasts. Works pretty well but you have to get a good fire going to get that grill hot since it sits about a half inch above the stone top on those iron bars.

By the time they were cooked it was getting a little warm in here so I turned the stove down to .5 to snuff out the flame and go into low slow cat mode.

View attachment 81974

Looks like some good chicken.

For some reason, I just got very hungry. ==c

I'm wondering if you could just turn the damper down, snuff out the flames, force the cat to crunch all of the smoke, send the stove top up (if necessary) to 700 degrees and cook your chicken without cooking yourself out of the room.

Thanks!
Bill

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I'm wondering if you could just turn the damper down, snuff out the flames, force the cat to crunch all of the smoke, send the stove top up (if necessary) to 700 degrees and cook your chicken without cooking yourself out of the room.

Thanks!
Bill

I think your right, I should of turned it down sooner but It was a cold start and once the grill was hot I started cooking. Only got up to 79 in the stove room so it wasn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.