Cool upgrade for your grill.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iembalm4aLiving

Feeling the Heat
Oct 3, 2008
N.E. Ohio
If any of you are serious about your grilling, give these a look:

http://mangrate.com/about.aspx

My Ducane grill is probably 10 years old now. It's been a decent grill, but the stamped stainless steel grates that came with the grill have been the weak point on the unit. They don't hold heat very well and allow for hotspots and cool areas.

These bad boys are solid cast iron grates that sit on top of your existing grates. They heat much more evenly than my stamped grates and hold the heat, searing food beautifully while keeping the inside moist and juicy. They have grease gutters that catch the juices from the meat. The juices turn to smoke and add to the flavor of your meat. Flare-ups are largely eliminated.

18184227755789688151838.jpg

I've grilled steaks, burgers and chicken so far and I'm very happy with the results....

The are only two downsides: The first, being solid cast-iron, they do take longer to get up to temperature.

The second downside is the price....at $20 each they aren't cheap. I needed 4 to cover most of my grill surface. With shipping it came to just under $100 which is a sizable investment to a grill. But they are made in the U.S.A., with proper care will last a lifetime, and they can easily be moved to your next grill when the time comes.

I don't work for the company (you'll see from my previous posts I've been around here a while.) I'm just really happy with these things-they've really transformed my grill!

Enjoy your summer, folks.
Greg

I thought you were talking about gold caps.

That would be grillz.;)

I like that. Nothing works better for a grill surface than cast. I'm with AP - man they would be the bomb for a home built unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.