Cool video of sectional cast boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 140k btu Buderus cast sectional that is simmilar to these. Been out of service for a while now and time to find it a new home.
I have to admit it is a bit like artwork inside. Makes my EKO look like it was put together by a farmer.

That's dang cool. Must be a significant demand for the product...that facility is $$$. But I know why Craig really likes it...check out the babe with the flowing hair that appears at :45 - :49, then again at 1:25 - 1:28, then again at 3:39 - 3:42 :rolleyes:

Well, I wasn't gonna watch but now...

She makes me wanna buy one...whatever it is. :rolleyes:

That's dang cool. Must be a significant demand for the product...that facility is $$$. But I know why Craig really likes it...check out the babe with the flowing hair that appears at :45 - :49, then again at 1:25 - 1:28, then again at 3:39 - 3:42 :rolleyes:

An engineer like you must really appreciate this stuff!

When I tried casting some aluminum it made me appreciate it even more than I did before! Every single step of that process, from the composition of the cores to the chemistry of the metal, is tightly controlled or it doesn't work.
It looks like they use automatic molding machines......

I love it. There is something primal about metal casting. When I first visited Unicast in Boyertown, PA I was hooked.

The technology of casting metal like that - with cores and all the other stuff, is the culmination of thousands of years of technique.

I'm impressed with their level of automation- that's what's needed to compete these days.

They're setting cores and pouring by hand. Apparently they can compete without a modern automated foundry.

Here's an automated foundry, the DISAMatic, fifty years old and going strong:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/M9jB6AOBVRc?feature=player_detailpage

Status
Not open for further replies.