Coolant Temp Light / Rhino

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The levels are fine but the light comes on right after you start the Rhino up, any thoughts.

zap

zapny said:
The levels are fine but the light comes on right after you start the Rhino up, any thoughts.

zap
Water pump gone bad? Thermostat stuck closed?

Danno77 said:
zapny said:

zap

We have the oil changed this time of year at the local dealer so we will have him check it out, screwed up todays plans.

Thanks
Zap

zapny said:
Danno77 said:
zapny said:

zap

We have the oil changed this time of year at the local dealer so we will have him check it out, screwed up todays plans.

Thanks
Zap

Where is the coolant sensor located? Maybe you have a loose connection or a bad ground..

Ray

raybonz said:
zapny said:
Danno77 said:
zapny said:

zap

Thanks
Zap

Where is the coolant sensor located? Maybe you have a loose connection or a bad ground..

Ray

I'm not sure Ray, I'm calling the dealer in the a.m. for some info so I'll ask. We will most likely bring it in, have them do the oil,grease then check out this problem. First problem we have had with it.

zap

Hopefully it's just a sensor deal. It is weird that it comes on right away. Usually the engine would have to warm up before a stuck thermostat or bad water pump would let the coolant heat to a point that would send the light off.

Danno77 said:
Hopefully it's just a sensor deal. It is weird that it comes on right away. Usually the engine would have to warm up before a stuck thermostat or bad water pump would let the coolant heat to a point that would send the light off.

Start it up then the light comes on after six seconds, I guess it is better that it happened in this good weather, have enough wood in for a good week plus we just started to burn the pellet stove in this warmer weather.

zap

Sounds like the sensor is bad. If you take it in to the dealer you might want to see what a temp gauge costs to have installed and eliminate the light. That way you know if theres a problem or just a false reading.

Are you checking the reservoir bottle and the radiator?

I had a kawasaki mule that did this for a day before I realized that it was blinking because the radiator was low and the reservoir bottle's coolant wasn't getting drawn in. Can't remember now if the line connecting the two was kinked or sliced, but regardless, just a thought.

pen

pen said:
Are you checking the reservoir bottle and the radiator?

I had a kawasaki mule that did this for a day before I realized that it was blinking because the radiator was low and the reservoir bottle's coolant wasn't getting drawn in. Can't remember now if the line connecting the two was kinked or sliced, but regardless, just a thought.

pen

Checked both and they are good, lines seem fine so I'm taking it in this week.

Thanks
Zap

Danno77 said:
zapny said:

zap

I should find out by Thursday, hoping to have it back before the weekend.

zap

Danno77 said:
zapny said:

zap

Just called, it was only a sensor, back in action with the Rhino for the weekend! :zip:

gibir

zapny said:
Danno77 said:
zapny said:

zap

Just called, it was only a sensor, back in action with the Rhino for the weekend! :zip:

gibir
that's what I was hoping since it came on so fast (like before the engine even warmed up)

Danno77 said:
zapny said:
Danno77 said:
zapny said:

zap

gibir
that's what I was hoping since it came on so fast (like before the engine even warmed up)

I told the wife the engine was blown, the choking and coughing started real quick, when I told her it was just the sensor it went away fast! :sick:

zap

Right on Zap! Had a few of those croak in my cars/trucks over the years..

Ray

raybonz said:

Ray

Had one in the wife's truck go, this is only the second one I can remember. How was the wind your way?

zap

zapny said:
raybonz said:

Ray

Had one in the wife's truck go, this is only the second one I can remember. How was the wind your way?

zap

Was pretty gusty today but at the moment it has subsided.. Gotta pick up some spare bungee cords for my shelter soon..

Ray

raybonz said:
zapny said:
raybonz said:

Ray

zap

Was pretty gusty today but at the moment it has subsided.. Gotta pick up some spare bungee cords for my shelter soon..

Ray

Not to bad back here in the woods but out in the open the wind would cut right through you. Just saw a report of 3-5 inches of snow for this area.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.