copper bulbs for thermostat dry well

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nrcrash

Apr 17, 2012
MA
Anyone know where I could be able to get some dry wells around 3' that I could use to read the bottom temp of my propane tank thermal storage? The only ones I can find are the Honeywell 3". Or if anyone knows how to make one this size.... I am having trouble finding a 3/4" male thread with a 1/2" sweat fitting on it that would allow me to screw into the 3/4" ports I have on the top of my tank.

Can you use a strap on aquastat or aquastat with a surface mount sensor - then you won't need a well? Also, you should be able to bush the 3/4 down to 1/2 then find a 1/2 thread/sweat adaptor?

Triangle tube uses long dry wells on there water heaters. I believe they are 3/4" and various lengths depending on the size of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.