Cord wood cost in Indiana

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

griff8907

Nov 21, 2009
NE Indiana
looking to buy a few cords of wood to get ahead on the season. What is the prices that everyone is paying for in the area or in anywhere. Just trying to get a price range

griff8907 said:
looking to buy a few cords of wood to get ahead on the season. What is the prices that everyone is paying for in the area or in anywhere. Just trying to get a price range

Smokin's in Anderson, IN maybe he will chime in.

zap

No major city's around you the price will be much cheepier in the 150.00 to 225.00 seasoned depending on what kind of wood. Hickory only could go 275.00.

150.00 to 200.00 around here. Make sure its seasoned good.

$150 to $175 a cord around here, they 'say' it's seasoned but in my experience I say buy this year for next.

head to a sawmill...slab wood a plenty in NE Indiana. Was just in Shipshewana area and was loving what I saw at Indiana Wood Products, didnt see prices though,

Clarkbar2311 said:
head to a sawmill...slab wood a plenty in NE Indiana. Was just in Shipshewana area and was loving what I saw at Indiana Wood Products, didnt see prices though,
Yeah, I have a sawmill near me. $20/truckload. They don't care how high you pile it, if it fits in your truck (pickup truck) it's $20.

can't go wrong at 20 a load.

Clarkbar2311 said:
can't go wrong at 20 a load.
I know, it almost makes me wonder what I'm doing cutting all this wood when he has a piles of it already cut to firewood length, just load it up and go.

Maybe I'll go get a load sometime to mix in with my cord-wood. I know it'll burn faster but that will give me a quick fire and slow burn combined.

CountryBoy19 said:
Clarkbar2311 said:
Yeah, I have a sawmill near me. $20/truckload. They don't care how high you pile it, if it fits in your truck (pickup truck) it's $20.
And where might this sawmill be inquiring minds would like to know?

Shipper

Shipper50 said:
CountryBoy19 said:
Clarkbar2311 said:
And where might this sawmill be inquiring minds would like to know?

Shipper
I don't know the exact location, but the coworker that told me about it is from Oolitic, and he said it's not far from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.