Corey from Englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hardwood715

Feeling the Heat
Nov 30, 2005
Hyde Park, New York
Is Corey still here on the forums?

If so my friend has this problem

Steve,

My stove is from England Stove Works
Monroe, Va
It's a Pellet Stove that has never worked right from day one.
The Serial # is WHI 041061 and the MFG date is 11/05.
I have 2 exact stoves and one has never given me a problem and this one has never worked.

It started out that we bought the stove in Jan of 2006 and did not install it until the summer of 2006 and the motor was bad but it was under warentee so they sent a new one. We installed it and it seemed to work ok but did not use it again untile the winter of 2006. The Vacumn never held. I had been through 3 of the same parts. (a vacumn) and it works great for a week or 2 and then it can't be trusted. Goes off just like that. Fills the room with smoke and is just a pain in the neck to use.

I bought it from Home Depot and they have no one to repair these stoves. The people who do repair do not work on any stove that you did not buy from them. No one will fix this stove and I am at a point that I need to have a ton stove removed from my house and buy from someone local. Not an england Stove. Of course, I paid $1500.00 plus the piping and installation by a contractor who was working on remodeling my house. Approximately $1700.00 all toll and no one to repair. If someone looks into my record of calls and complaints they will find a full folder at England Stove Works and several parts that I have bought which none of them worked.

I appreciate anything someone can do for me.

thanks

lori

Thanks in advance for any help Cory

although Im not sure, Lori, I dont think so. Other than Mike, from England Stove, I dont see much, if any representation here by ANY of the stove companies, and I really dont know why, unless these companies prohibit their emplyees from posting......problem with being known as a stove company employee here, I'd guess you would be bashed for issues with your units, and/or inundated with questions! Some folks, after they finish working for the day, would rather forget their "9 to 5" job, and focus on other things, for sanity's sake.

thanks, I'm Steve, Lori is my friend with the 2 pellet stoves, yeah Cory was on here a couple years ago. He built his own stoves, then got a job with Englander, took a long shot to see if he was still around

Status
Not open for further replies.