Corie arrives in Reno

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Corie arrived in time for dinner with Thomas (super cedar) and myself. MSG had to go with HearthStone, and they got him drunk and tried to sell him more stoves.....with the result that he didn't make it to an early breakfast this morning!

Thomas has relatives and extended family around Reno and Carson city and many of them own restaurants...quality places!

So far, Thomas also has the luck. He won 1800 at video poker, but has given about 300 of it back. Easy some, easy go!

Metal stopped by the booth, as did some other forum members. We'll get some pics of Corie and MSG etc. up later today. Corie is outside while it is still cool - exploring the burn area. We are supposed to see 80 degrees today - and very sunny, so it will be hot later in the burn tents!

great tidbits craig............i kinda feel sorry for corie, with all the temptations around and he has to
remain sober:(
msg, choke down a bloody mary this morning, it will help, promise:)

Don't feel too sorry for Corry. He's in pyro heaven. Too much alcohol would just dull the bliss.

Webmaster said:
MSG says he is going to make it here at 11am - Thomas doubts it.

WOW!!! Either MSG's a real lightweight, or they got him to but a real lotta stoves!!!!

I don't think MSG's a lightweight. Pretty hard to stay sober at trade show "hospitality" functions--especially when you're the target.

I think the odds of Corey getting past tonight sober are slim to none. Less than zero if he hangs with MSG.

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. The lad might as well get used to it.

It isn't late here.

I am back in the room

Today was very very productive.

I cannot say a word about tonihgt.Period.

3:22 a.m, Corie. Gee, you sure get up early. That's keeping your nose to the grindstone, young fella!

Go get 'em!

Corie?

Corie.......?

Had a blast last night corie. Those parties are bad for the liver. Im still green today, and its not because of green beer. I missed my flight today, and just got home. Ugggh im tired and still hung over.
Uncle rich, sorry we didnt get to hook up. I wasnt at the airport for more then 1/2 hour and it was late this afternoon..

Corie was in fine shape today - at least by about noontime.
And he saw the entire show - not only did he see everything, but he also met everyone, drank beer with the industry leaders (as well as MSG) and was in some ways the talk of the show. The HPBA President came to the booth and told me he was real excited about giving Corie the free education badge - then another staffer came by and told Corie and I she would talk to us after the show- I think they may do a press release or other human interest story.

Then the Harman guys came over to the Hearth.com booth looking for Corie because a dealer in SE PA has two stoves he want to give Corie for his donor program!

And that's just the tip of the iceberg! Corie is probably partying as we speak - or else Thomas is force feeding him at one of his relatives eateries. He leaves Reno early in the morning and has a test on monday.

I'm here in the home of the Hells Angels and Black Panthers......Oakland, Ca.

What a great story. It's nice to see it coming true for Corie. it's well deserved.

Oh yeah, and how about the show?? I can't wait to hear about it and see some pictures.

Sounds like a huge success!! Congratulations to everyone for giving Corie this great opportunity! Sounds like he really impressed a lot of the right folks.

Oh, and Craig... after the snow was nealry gone last week..... see what you have to look forward to after all athat nice warm weather?

Attachments

• 3-17-07.JPG
    3-17-07.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 329
Sounds like everything went very well. It appears Corie was received with a welcome that one could not ask better of.
And I have to give the dealerthat is donating the two donor stoves a great big thank you. The dealer stepped up to the plate and thats all I was asking for.
Um, Corie, can you set at least one of those up in the NE PA area? It would be nice to do one close to home LOL.
Glad everyone had a blast and you guys/gals survived.
Welcome home. Glad all are safe, even if a tad hung over :)

It'll be a week or two before we can get all the pics up - Corie has a bunch to send me and then I have to add them to mine and put together - I'll throw some more up on the thread after awhile.

Meantime, landed in the East Bay - and it is spring here! Check out:
1. Hundreds of lemons on this tree
2. View west across the bay - Golden Gate in the background, coastal Mts to the right.

Really spectacular time of year with birds, flowers, smells, etc......Now I know why the lefties stole this coast!

Attachments

• berkeley1.jpg
    berkeley1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 243
  • lemons.jpg
    lemons.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 246
Wow, that was a fast trip. I don't know why I thought it went longer. I hope it was a prosperous trip for everyone involved and it sure sounds like you all packed alot of fun into a short time period.

MSG, you missed your plane? There must be a story behind that!

I will upload pics and stories tomorrow.

I am absolutely dead. But it was the most fun I've ever had in my entire life.

MSG parties hard. That's all I can say about that. I had a blast with ya Ryan, we need to make this a more frequent occurance.

While waiting for the pictures, what were the highlights? Any new wood burners introduced?

Core, Did Harman offer you a job? They aren't too far from Phila. Glad to see you rubbed some elbows with the big boys. Did MSG buy the beers? :coolsmile: Quick

Highlights

Meeting the entire Harman family. To me, Dane Harman is like a celebrity and meeting him was unbelievably exciting. Tim Manning was so incredibly nice, introducing me to every possible Harman employee AND getting two more stoves for the donor program.

Meeting Tim Rothgeb from Selkirk. He was the reason we got that chimney system for the last donor install and was also unbelievably nice. He also told me that when we do more donor installations, Selkirk would be happy to continue giving chimney systems.

Meeting and hanging with Craig, Thomas, Ryan, Richard, Rod. The group of guys we have here seems great online, but in person they are even better. Couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people.

The entire outdoor burn area was amazing. All of those stoves, burning and being able to touch them and look over every crevice was of course a pyro-dream come true for me.

Meeting Mike and his wife from AES and fiddling with and learning about their stoves.

Talking with Englander team was also really really nice. They'd like me to come down and visit their factory in a few weeks which is an exciting reason for a road trip.

Did I mention the hospitality of Craig and Thomas yet? We had some amazing dinners and great conversations. What a great couple of guys.

The list goes on and on and on. I can't even touch it all right now.

Partying with MSG and Richard was also pretty high on the list.

THe vesta awards..... etc etc

Im back
Glad I got to Hook up with some of the guys.
I missed seeing MSG, I just did not have time to smooze this year. I know people hate it when I say this but I wish the show was 4 days again. I dont have time to get what I need done.

Corie, The HPBA PR woman I sent over to do a story on you is new to the industry but is doing a good job. When I told her about your trip to the show and how HEARTH.com helped you get out there she not happy no one from HPBA told her about it before hand. It would have been nice to do a story about it before hand.
She wrote a story last month and interviewed me about Hearth products consumer's.

yea corie, glad we had a chance to get together. That was a blast friday night. I can say i am on a dry spell at the moment. I need to purge my system :)

Yeah same here.

Even this morning getting up for class I was still not feeling so hot. The time zones, late nights, early mornings, etc really kicked my butt. I was glad to only be there for three days; any more than that and I would probably be sick right now.

I wish the HPBA would put up some pictures on the website. We should be in them, I think. Remember they took our names at the Vesta's?

Status
Not open for further replies.