Corie praise, manufacturers, are your reading!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
OK, this is not to embarrass Corie, but to praise him.
I want to point a few things out.
Corie is a younger guy, just drinking age. Most young guys do not go out of their way for folks they don't know. Nor take the time to set up donor installs, etc.
I was pleasantly surprised when I first read his post of doing donor installs. Its just not every day you see this kind of selfless generosity from a grown man let alone a younger guy. This is one major reason I decided to volunteer to help. It was very inspiring to me.
You have a young guy, going to college, scraping by to make ends meet, taking his valuable time to help others in need. How often do you see that these days? Really?
Takes donated money and spends it on what it was intended for. Uses generously donated materials and uses those for their intended purpose.
As most you all know, Corie is just about to graduate with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, he really wants to pursue employment in the hearth related field, or something closely related. Corie, is not super shy, not an ahole, just a down to earth guy thats going in a direction in life many don't even think of.
He is going to the Reno convention thanks to alot of kind hearted hearth.com members. I implore any manufacturers that read these posts to talk with Corie, see for yourself his enthusiasm and intelligence. His excitement to get into the hearth field and do some great things. I don't know of many young men shooting for this type of direction & this type of field of employment. It would be good for some company to take on some youth to keep technology & drive alive in the field of hearth technology.
The guy is smart, and will have the degree to back that statement up. He has a good head for seeing hearth related things in a different light. And has a good imagination that may help a company break open the seemingly stale repetitive hearth industry. Just think, maybe Corie develops the next great secondary burn, or even better yet a completely new concept. Maybe he improves a design that just needs a lil tweaking.
I worked next to this guy and can say I would do it again with no hesitation. And I don't work well with other usually.
Hearth Industry.............Give this guy a look and a shot, I doubt you'll regret it!

Thanks to Harley, Web, the kind gentleman that donated the brand new piping and anyone else involved with this latest donor install.
And manufacturers......... Look at Core and how bout some help with the donor program, really, step up to the plate.
Hogz

I'll second that!

and it doesn't sound like that post came from a Neanderthal

Good Job Hogz!

I honestly don't even know what to say Rob.

I appreciate the kind words immensely, in fact, I can't even tell you how much it meant to me to open this thread and read something like that.

:)

Corie has C.C.C., ..........Character, Compassion and commitment..........to help people I think.

He deserves a good job where he could be involved in design and manufacturing of stoves because I think even behind closed doors he would NOT let a stove be sent to someones home unless he put his own final seal of approval on it.

Meaning that he designed it and he made sure it was made right.

I don't know him personally, but you can tell he is a fine person by the things he does.

Robbie ;-)

No thanks needed Corie. Just remember, WHEN you become some big wig stove designer, DO NOT forget where you came from.
Neanderthal can quickly put you back in place :) Keep your intentions pure and realistic, and don't let money & notariety cloud who you are and what your about. Please don't become someone of which we have too many of in this day & age already. Keep it simple and keep it real.
Somehow, I don't think this will be a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.