Corinth versus New England Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

celticsgreen

Nov 1, 2011
SNH
The supplier closest to my house stocks both of these brands for $250/ton. I was looking to see if anyone had tried both and what they think-
Thanks.

The Corinth I have are hardwood and some are long in size...I burned a bag and my auger made some noises...I think the auger was breaking up the long pellets...The New England pellets where fine with no issues...I have a Thelin 3000 Parlour stove...the heat was more with the Corinth pellets..try a bag of each in your stove and make a choice!!...all stoves burn different..

I've burned both. Although neither are close to top of the line for heat output, I'd say NEWP are better as far as dust, ash, fines etc. I'm running a Harman insert.

I burned both a ton of Corinth and 2 tons of NEWP. In my opinion the Corinth were terrible, very dirty, lots of fines, lots of grim on the glass. Won't buy them again. The NEWP were okay, nothing great. Used them two years ago, won't buy either one again, if I can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.