Corinth Wood Pellets made of gold?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mepellet

Minister of Fire
Aug 10, 2011
Central ME
Was at my local hardware store yesterday and saw that they had Corinth Wood Pellets for 6.49/bag. After doing a little looking around on here it appears that they are not worth 6.49/bag. I want to try a few different brands this year since it is my first year with the soon-to-be installed Harman but I think I'll have to pass on buying these....

i tried them once. Couldn't keep them burning. Brand new stove couldn't get enough air to them to burn with out choking out.

Gold is non-combustible. I'd try a wood product.

mepellet said:
Was at my local hardware store yesterday and saw that they had Corinth Wood Pellets for 6.49/bag. After doing a little looking around on here it appears that they are not worth 6.49/bag. I want to try a few different brands this year since it is my first year with the soon-to-be installed Harman but I think I'll have to pass on buying these....
Had good luck with Maine Wood Products out of Athens.
Yes their first year was not good, but they have turned things around. (IMHO)
We burned 3.5 tons last year and had 3 more tons delivered this year.
Dealer is out of Jay just off Rt 4. He delivers across the state.
I think current price is around $224 delivered. My signature has contact info.
Our P61 has been a real workhorse keeping the oil truck at bay!!

Enjoy!!

I cked Dysarts prices. Corinth's are going for $239/ ton or $209 supersack $209. Dysart"s prices are more reflective of the general prices. I've never burned that brand, but from what I hear, they are a fair performer. I have been hearing of a lot of changes in their mix so I would try a few before I invested in them. I am keeping with MWP for now. good price delivered right into my garage. Consistently burning clean. I can understand those not liking this brand when they got so badly burned with the first year batch. But think of it this way. you drive down a bumpy road and loose your front end. You vow never to go that way again. The the road is rebuild. It is now a really good road and it is the shortest distance to where you are going (comparing cost). So, do you keep going the longer distance, or accept change for what it is and use this change to your advantage. As always, your choice.

Pellet prices vary from retailer to retailer. Local hardware stores and stove dealers tend to be higher in price due to selling in lower volumes. Pellet dealers sell in higher volumes. Local big box stores have price wars. Both equal lower net prices for the pellet buyer.

Corinth and many other pellet manufactorers have listened to the pellet consumer. They are now getting we want the best possible quality at the most reasonable price possible. MWP, Corinth and NEWP have stepped it up IMHO. As always try before you buy a large purchase. Make sure your stove is happy with what you feed it.

mepellet said:

You wanna know the best thing about Corinth pellets? They have a really great looking bag! ;-)

EarlyMan

Burned a few bags at end of last year to try them, not too bad but it was March.

I burned a few bags in March, I had no complaints.

lessoil said:
mepellet said:
Had good luck with Maine Wood Products out of Athens.
Yes their first year was not good, but they have turned things around. (IMHO)
We burned 3.5 tons last year and had 3 more tons delivered this year.
Dealer is out of Jay just off Rt 4. He delivers across the state.
I think current price is around $224 delivered. My signature has contact info.
Our P61 has been a real workhorse keeping the oil truck at bay!!

Enjoy!!

I agree with lessoil...i think i might even try their softies this year, just for s***s and giggles. have heard alot of people talk welll of softwood pellets, just have the wood burning upbringing stuck in my head that hardwood is best. i'm willing to give them a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.