Corn in an Avalon Astoria?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benignvanilla

Jan 12, 2007
We have an Avalon Astoria pellet stove. The avalon web site says our stove is now rated to burn a 50/50 mix of corn and pellets. Has anyone tried corn?

Make sure it is a newer model Astoria. As it requires a different burnpot then found on older models.

The burnpot is upgradable. See your local Avalon dealer if you are interested in upgrading the burnpot to burn the 50/50 wood pellet corn mix.

Gary

Gary

My stove was purchased in October 2006. Do you think I still need to upgrade? Do you think I can get a picture of the upgrade somewhere so I could see if I have the same pot? I can't seem to find information on this anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.