Corner Fans circulating warm air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curve

Oct 13, 2012
Central, MA
I'm sure there is a better brand out there...but I bought 2 of the Entreeair Door Frame Fans to help circulate some the warm air throughout the first floor where my stove is located. At first I was a bit skeptical about how these little fans would work, however I have quickly become an advocate of them. I put 1 in the entry way of my kitchen on the first floor which was not getting warmed up. About 3 hours later, it was noticably warmer, and now about 8 hours later the kitchen is as warm as the rest of the first floor.
I put the second fan in my dining room on the first floor (this is the room the stove is in). This doorway leads to the stairway leading to the second floor. Now about 8 hours later, the entire upstairs has warmed up. At heat setting 2, burning Green Team Pellets, the downstairs is at a toasty 74 degrees, and upstairs is at 69 degrees.
If anyone is having issues with circulating the heat from the stove throughout the house, I would definately recommend investing in these door frame corner fans. $19.99 at Lowes, and well worth the investment.

Attachments

• corner fan 1.jpg
    corner fan 1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 828
  • corner fan 2.jpg
    corner fan 2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,236
glad to hear you have it worked out on the first try.

I have one of the Entreeair and one Minuteman. I like then both, but the Minuteman has High and Low and has two mounting plates, so it can quickly be moved from one room to the other.

But.... I quickly put in through the wall fans. One Broan and one Tjernlund Aireshare. The Broan was cheap, but noisey (not as loud as EntreeAir) and the Tjernlund was pricey, but whisper quiet. Love them.

Glad they are working for you. It takes a couple hours, but once the air movement starts, it continues and the room temps become very even :)

Status
Not open for further replies.