Cornith Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdp7462

Jan 10, 2007
While researching area suppliers to order my 3 tons of Energex pellets this year I have found many do not carry Energex pellets anymore. I live in Maine and a new pellet manufacturing plant just opened in northern Maine. They are called Cornith Wood Pellets. They're website does not give much info on btu softwood/hardwood ect. The rep from my local farmers union "thought" they would be softwood and very similar to energex. Does anyone, particularly the dealers on the hearth, have any info on these? They are selling for 259.50 picked up, which is about normal around here. The local depot is selling for 249.00 and stove shop down the street is selling new england pellets for 269.00. Energex ran great for me, now I am somewhat hesitant to go with an unproven comodity so to speak. Any info would be great!

From pelletsales.com

"Corinth Premium Wood Pellets are a softwood pellet produced in Maine using clean, dry wood byproducts. Corinth is a new manufacturer of pellet fuel and early reports from users of these premium pellets have been positive. We are happy to offer this high-quality fuel - it has a heat output of 8025 BTU and an ash content of only 0.42%."

I just hauled home 2 ton of Corinth wood Pellets. They say Premium on bag and Hardwood on the wrap. They are shiny and same color as other hardwood pellets I have and NO fines. I just dumped in the whole bag and not a speck of dust or fines. I am impressed! Now if they burn as good as they look, I will be all set for the winter. Now have 4 Ton in my basement.

Corinth Premium: 100% Hard Wood SUPER LOW ASH: $290.00 (SouthShorePellets)

Sold Out June thru November 08'

Available in December 08'

Corinth is 100% sawdust from Saw mills from Maine and Canada. Also committed to the New England region Corinth Super low ash and high heat pellets are proudly produced out of Maine, its has a heat output of 8,163 BTU and ash content of only 0.2% WOW. North Americas Largest Wood Pellet Manufacturing Plant.

Tractor Supply in Scarborough Maine has some Legnetics hardwood pellets. They are just got in some premium softwood pellets (two tractor trailer loads of the soft wood ones. They are 289 a ton with a two ton limit. Hope it helps. I think the Skowhegan store must have some too. :coolgrin:

Last year I ran out of my cubex, and got two bags of the Cornith wood pellets from Paris Farms in Newport. I used 4 bags, they were good, burned well, heat was alittle less. I would use them again. It sounds like they are doing hardwood this year, I wonder if the ones I used were soft.

I placed an order for a Ton of the Corinth HW ones from SouthShorePellet - Delivery DEC. they have BareFoot pellets also

We just had 5 tons of our wood waste delivered to them. Different percentages of mostly hemlock, spruce, and pine, and lesser amounts of cypress, mahogony, oak, maple, red cedar, white cedar, and even some locust. If it contains over 20% hardwood it can be called a hardwood pellet. I like my Tarm wood boiler and my warm radiant floor :lol: . sweetheat

Burned some of the Corinth pellets and they burned great! More heat than other pellets, very little ash, no clinkers. I will buy them again.

Posting a picture of my new pellet stove.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 800
kdp7462 said:
While researching area suppliers to order my 3 tons of Energex pellets this year I have found many do not carry Energex pellets anymore. I live in Maine and a new pellet manufacturing plant just opened in northern Maine. They are called Cornith Wood Pellets. They're website does not give much info on btu softwood/hardwood ect. The rep from my local farmers union "thought" they would be softwood and very similar to energex. Does anyone, particularly the dealers on the hearth, have any info on these? They are selling for 259.50 picked up, which is about normal around here. The local depot is selling for 249.00 and stove shop down the street is selling new england pellets for 269.00. Energex ran great for me, now I am somewhat hesitant to go with an unproven comodity so to speak. Any info would be great!

So far, my experience with the four tons of Corinth pellets that I have sitting in my garage has been horrible. Large clinkers, a lot of ash. Granted, this is a new install, but I was burning several other brands with no problems at all. I have had my stove back up three times with the Corinth pellets. The four tons were all softwood. I paid $239 a ton back in September. I am still tweaking my stove, but I had to make a couple of tools to pull the large clinkers out of the burn pot.

I also found that anyone who thought it would be a good idea to design a stove without a removable ash pan is an absolute MORON. I didn't realize that there wasn't one in this stove until I got it home... :(

LOL, Corinth is not in "northern" Maine - unless you consider north of Newport northern Maine ;)

[quote ]

So far, my experience with the four tons of Corinth pellets that I have sitting in my garage has been horrible. Large clinkers, a lot of ash. Granted, this is a new install, but I was burning several other brands with no problems at all. I have had my stove back up three times with the Corinth pellets. The four tons were all softwood. I paid $239 a ton back in September. I am still tweaking my stove, but I had to make a couple of tools to pull the large clinkers out of the burn pot.

I also found that anyone who thought it would be a good idea to design a stove without a removable ash pan is an absolute MORON. I didn't realize that there wasn't one in this stove until I got it home... :(

LOL, Corinth is not in "northern" Maine - unless you consider north of Newport northern Maine ;)
For $4.78 a bag I would take some off your hands, soft wood you say.

jen said:
Posting a picture of my new pellet stove.

Vista Flame, my daughter has one , recognize the flame.

Vista Flame, my daughter has one , recognize the flame

Is hers new this year? I have a couple questions about mine, wonder if she could help me out?

jen said:
Vista Flame, my daughter has one , recognize the flame

Is hers new this year? I have a couple questions about mine, wonder if she could help me out?

Could ask my son-in-law, he has been burning about 2 weeks, still trying to figure there's out. Bought new in June this year.

I have 2 tons of the hardwood pellets right now. I think I have two different batches of them. One of the tons is in a brownish colored bag and the other is in a blue colored bag I believe. Both are premium hardwood pellets. I attached some photos of the pellets that I have gotten out of my first 5-6 bags. I don't see a lot of sawdust coming out of the bags to speak of. The pellets do seem kind of on the smaller side, let me know what you guys think. I also attached some photos of the bigger pellets.

-Chad

Attachments

• pellets.JPG
    pellets.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 531
  • pellets (1).JPG
    pellets (1).JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 500
  • pellets (2).JPG
    pellets (2).JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 512
  • pellets (3).JPG