cornvac opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mithesaint

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2011
NW Ohio
Anyone familiar with the cornvac system? I'm looking for an easier and cleaner way to get the corn into the basement this fall. I used some ducting pipe last year and dumped through a basement window into barrels last year, but it was pretty messy and required constant fussing and adjustment.

I'm looking at the cornvac or potentially the storage kit. That would fit nicely in the spot where I store the barrels, and hopefully be a lot cleaner. I had corn dust ALL OVER the basement last fall. I'd like to avoid that this year.

Thanks.

Last edited:
dont know anything about the cornvac, but i used to build and install grain truck probe systems and we just used whole house vacs for that. Worked good. It might be worth doing some price comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.