correct program for 25-pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Faustus

Minister of Fire
last week my brothers 25-pdv bottom auger quit working (the set screw came loose enough to not turn the auger!) and it started a small hopper fire with lots of smoke and creosote. no big harm done, i took the stove apart and cleaned it up as good as new. most of the smoke went out the vent pipe, and all it needed was new auger gaskets which i already had.

now when i light it, even on 9-9 there is a good fire but it is small. like the stove isnt putting enough pellets in the pot. burn air is good and it runs on 6-4-1.

its a 2007 model. so i'm thinking its the program its set to. It was unplugged a week and the board might have reverted to weird settings. theres A B C and D. so i checked it and it was set to A. i changed it to C as that is what i run my pdvc at. It seems to have worked but i'd just like to know what its default setting is, as i never had reason to check it before.

my question is which program is correct for the 25-pdv. I've seen similair posts on this before on here but most of then are about the pdvc model not the pdv.

thanks for the help.

As far as I remember reading here, the "c" mode is the correct one for the PDV.

Status
Not open for further replies.