Cosmo SLR-B

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfire

Jan 19, 2011
Vancouver
I know Heat & Glo was having issue with the Martini front retaining heat. Does anyone know what the corrective action is to stop the unit from over heating the components in the valve compartment?

I never even heard of this as being an official problem, good to know.

If you are a dealer you should be able to just call up HNG and ask about it?

We had one unit, I think it was an original SLR (not the -B) with the martini front where the j-box warped a little and the transformer fried. I replaced the transformer originally, before the j-box warped, then it did it again not to long after that. Another tech went there and found the j-box was melting and also not in its original engineered location, the electrician had moved it when he hooked it up. So he moved it towards the rear more where it would be cooler, put a new transformer in, and we have not had a problem since.

We had a remote installed in a unit and it melted the control box under the fireplace. in that unit I ended up moving all the components to the left side where the gas comes into the valve cavity. There was enough cool air to stop the heat issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.