cost for gas furnace annual cleaning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea what's involved with gas... but my gut would say that's high. I have an oil burner, and the usual charge is about $110 here.... and thanks for the reminder... I keep forgetting I have one..... gotta call and schedule :shut:

With gas, what's to clean?

Yes, it's a high price to pay for little work, my nephew (HVAC guy) says it's by far the most profitable work his company does for residential customers.

My oil burner boiler was also $110 this year.
Is there more work involved with a furnace (hot air)?

Replace the furnace filters, vacuum up any crumbs of rust around the burner, check the blower - vacuum up any lint/dust accumulation and lube if required. Vacuum any additional dust in the area. Observe the pilot and make sure it is burning steady with a nice blue flame, (or just make sure the ignition coil heats up) Kick the furnace on and make sure the main burner lights off nice and smooth and burns with translucent blue flames. Make sure any additional equipment - humidifier, draft fan, etc are running smoothly and not making any excessive noise.

15 minutes of work, $240??

Yeah I thought 240 was high. I also want to to update my thermostat from a two wire to four wire so I can control the blower with out heat. All the local heating and plumbings companies tell me to contact an electrician.

RI, I hope the guy used a combustion analyser and set your burner up properly for 240 bucks.That does seem a little steep for a residential gas burner cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.