Cost for Pellet Stove Cleaning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heatherco

Nov 19, 2008
Central MA
Got a call from our dealer last week offering to clean our two stoves and get them ready for the season for $165 each. This sounds like a lot to me, but we are only going into our second season with them and they were new last year so I haven't had to have them "professionally" cleaned yet. Is this quote about average?

I know a lot of you probably do this yourselves, but since we are still "novices" I'd rather have a "pro" do it this time around.

Thanks!

335.00 for a easy 1/2 day job or less. exhaust setup is extra or included?
Really this should be done at the end of the season so the stove doesn't get a chance to rust due to soot etc in it.
It is hard to say if that is high or not because we don't know the distance from the store or what it includes. What type of exhaust system to you have and is that included. I guess if you have chimney and that is included maybe it is fair but if it is just cleaning two stoves and not doing anything with the exhaust system it seems high.
The best advice would be to look in your book and read up a little and do it yourself. Looks like you could make good wages pretty easy.
Do you know anybody else that has one that would be willing to teach you? Depending on the brand of stove some are very simple but a few have hidden compartments .
Send a reply with the brand of stove and I would be willing to bet someone with the same model will give you advice on this website.

That's really close to what we charge, it includes sweeping the vent if its a short run and we can get to the cap.

We charge $129.00 for stoves and $149.00 for inserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.