Cost of a good sweep

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkupcha

Dec 21, 2006
I realize many people do there own cleaning but for those of us who need to hire a pro. What is a good/fair price to have your chimney swept for the season. Mine is a zero clearance fireplace with class A metal pipe in a 20 foot chase with a nice cap on it. Can anyone give me a rough estimate so I don't get taken? Thanks all.

Over the years I've had it done anywhere from $40-75. I use to do it myself but no longer like going up on the roof. Some Volunteer FD's do it ...why not check with yours? Mine use to do, and I'd souvenir them $50...now they don't do it.

I paid 175 in upstate ny to get my wood stove stack cleaned. No one went on the roof although he used some super "Soot Vacuum" which I wouldn't want to buy or store.
I guess I got taken. . .

savageactor7 said:
...I'd souvenir them $50...

Been about 36 years since I heard that term. ;-)

^hello brother...I was in II corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.