Cost of an install?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelthomas

Feb 10, 2006
I am thinking about installing a Woodstove in my great room and have no idea of the costs associated with an install. My stove system was setup when I moved here. I would be running chimney up through the roof of a great room. maybe 20 feet to get it to the 10 foot clearance on the roof. It would be installed in a corner and am thinking about the englander 30. How much for hearth materials? What are some of the misc. costs that are associated with an initial install? What do you think it would cost to have it done professionally vs do it yourself? Thank You

DIY:
Englander, pipe, hearth materials (depends how fancy you get) Apprx. $2,100.00 -$2,500.00.
Installed by other: $3,000-$3,500.00.
I stalled a Summit insert , new s.s. liner & extended hearth myself , all toll about $3,300.00

i had pro install $3800 and needed a lot of pipe up on the roof. jotul stove duble pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.