cost of electricity to run a pellet stove ?? newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giovanni said:
Has anyone factored in the electric starter that uses 400watts + to get the pellet flame going?
Mine`s manual so I don`t know how long they stay on or if it warrants consideration.
John

I run mine 24/7 to save on my igniter and avoid the start up jolts etc.....so i save in that scenario....as well as saving that my furnace does not come on avoiding several start up spikes per day...

Now we're talking about how much to circulate the heat around the house. I don't see how this matters much, whether it's my FHA blower, the pellet stove motors, or a fan to circulate heat from a wood stove, the advantage for us comes from the fuel burned, not which motor is used. Motors are strictly electrical, to save money from use you would have to get an alternate source for electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.