Cost of heating per fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to add that when I started cutting wood for the first time (as opposed to buying it all previously) I lost about 20 pounds that first spring. Now sure it won't be the equivalent of all the exercise one should do for a whole year, but if your doing it all yourself from felling, and swinging an axe instead of hydraulics, its certainly can be a workout (no extra fluffing it up needed). As someone who has run marathons, climbed mountains, etc, some of my very hardest days ever have been processing firewood. Of course there are easy ways and hard ways... I was kind of forced into do it the hard way, and solid 2 day killer sessions from sun up to sun down. At least for the last few years, not any more.

Plus it was time I could spend away from the wife ==c

Status
Not open for further replies.