Cost of stove pipe and accessories for a vertical install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marster

Jan 13, 2008
S. Central Pa
Just wondering what standard cost is on vertical install using 3 inch pipe. Pipe lenths are one 5', one 3' and one 1' section, plus thimble and other accessories ( cap, collars, stove adapter, storm collar, flashing, etc)

Had my stove installed and cost of materials was higher than what I expected. This includes no labor. When questioning the dealer, I was told this is standard cost.
My cost was $375.00. Is this reasonable?

flueinc said:
the cost of icc pipe is around 400.for a through the wall T up five 90 and cap for parts

Mine is straight up through the ceiling. The dealer said because of it being through the ceiling and not the wall, that was the reason for the higher price...........

so maybe this was a decent price? When buying the stove, the pipe was estimated at 275.00....and then after installed, it went up a $100.00. That concerned me.

Thanks for the reply!!

Marster said:
flueinc said:
the cost of icc pipe is around 400.for a through the wall T up five 90 and cap for parts

Mine is straight up through the ceiling. The dealer said because of it being through the ceiling and not the wall, that was the reason for the higher price...........

so maybe this was a decent price? When buying the stove, the pipe was estimated at 275.00....and then after installed, it went up a $100.00. That concerned me.

Thanks for the reply!!

Thats a good price......I just paid 400.00 to go out the wall ....then T.....then up 8' and that was just for the pipe( ICC pipe)

AwsumSS said:
Marster said:
flueinc said:

Thanks for the reply!!

Thats a good price......I just paid 400.00 to go out the wall ....then T.....then up 8' and that was just for the pipe( ICC pipe)

Thanks! That makes me feel much better! I have no idea about any of this stuff. Makes me feel much better talking with others who are more experienced.

I went 6' up then through the wall and up another 3" with 3 90's, T, and terminator. Had to get the pipe at two different places and my total cost was about $400.00 also.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Sounds like my price is within the ball park of others. I had no idea the piping, 90's, etc is so expensive. Well worth it though.

Thanks again

Marster said:
Thanks everyone for your replies. Sounds like my price is within the ball park of others. I had no idea the piping, 90's, etc is so expensive. Well worth it though.

Thanks again

Compared to putting in a $$$$$Chimney....yep.....not to bad at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.