Costco sells wood burning stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewsome

Feb 7, 2010
Long Island
I just saw on the Costco website:
BOSCA® Classic 450 Wood Stove. Supposedly cranks out 48K BTUs.

Anyone ever hear of this unit, or had any experience with it??

I'm not in the market, but thought someone reading this might be interested. For $1,700 (delivery included), it doesn't seem like a bad price.

Here's the link:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...482&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C

Looks like a Chinook with Federal styling.

Last year someone mentioned they picked up a Bosca stove for their workshop. I don't remember an in-depth review on it. I do remember the poster mentioned he thought it was a cheap stove, but worked well... I think. I'm not sure why he thought that. I wonder if I can locate the thread.

The poster got his from Home Depot... again, if I remember correctly. And I could have sworn it was for less than $1,700.

Did a quick search. HD sells them and you can also find them on Amazon (of course). The price point is similar; maybe the previous poster got his as a closeout in spring?! Some of them look really nice. I just have a weak spot for that clean, modern look. Would be good to get some opinions about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.