Could be trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice score.

Nice score, and good on ya getting a tree service to cut near the house. That rotten ash bottom could've been sketchy.

Reactions: Beer Belly
One of the reasons I don't have any close neighbors. I can fire up the saw at 5 am if I so wish. Mow the lawn whenever I want. When I lived in the cities you could not mow your lawn until after 8 am.

Around these parts, I could probably call you my neighbor. I live over by Park Rapids.

for the beer or for the wood:)
that's alot of wood
Rehab for the wood.....sez "This chit has got to stop.....I'm selling it !!"

Done today.....my buddy came over to lend a hand (Thank God)....I am giving his BIL 2 truck loads of the stuff, and my buddy is getting at least a truck load of Ash from the other pile.
DSCN2363.jpg

Wife is ready to kill me.....wants to send me to rehab:oops:

My wife has the same opinion of me. I'm not even really trying for wood...just happen to have some trees that needed to be taken down and another quarter acre that I'm trying to make lawn so my daughter has more room to play. Admittedly I did commit to cutting down a few trees for someone else on the condition I got to keep the wood. Which reminds me....I do happen to venture down Connecticut way for work. I could come by and take some of that wood off your hands :)

...but I am passing up on hitting the neighbors up for their down trees for now.

BB, that looks like my years at times! Great score!

TS

My personal noise ordinance regulation is:
1) Weekdays >7:30am
2) Saturdays > 8:00 - 8:30am
3) Sundays > 9:30am

Yes I want to respect persons sleep/privacy, whatever... but there is only so much daylight in the day, especially this time of the year!

I do have spot lights in some of the trees....maybe on weekends I can try working a little later, but then the Wife has plans for us for the evening

Nice job getting that cut. I think I'm in this boat with you. My back yard still has a maple lying in it and there's a slowly shrinking pile of logs in front. I've managed to get home early from work 2 days & had just enough time to put a tank of gas through the saw before it gets too dark. I will load, haul, split & stack at night with a headlamp because I have to, but no way am I running the saw in the dark.

Found out when I moved in....there is NO noise ordinance in town....had a party 1 block away with a live band going till 3am......but if I fire somethin' up before 10am....I get some pretty nasty looks later on

Unless those looks are heating my house, I would be cutting the wood. They can live with the noise once in a while as long as you are a good neighbor most of the time. Plus, if people are still in bed after 8:00, they are loafing around anyway. Fire up the saws and get er done.

Can't fire anything up before 10am....neighbors would shoot me:rolleyes:

Thats stinks a punk can drive by with a BOOM BOOM radio but you can't run a saw that produces less decibels??

Status
Not open for further replies.