Could have had my stove installed today but...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swimman

Sep 19, 2008
Rhode Island
Received a call from my dealer that they had to cancel an install today as the unit (Lopi Yankee Bay) would not fit the fireplace of a customer and asked me if I wanted it installed this afternoon. Not 15 minutes prior to this call did I start a fire in the fireplace. As well, I need to clean the flue, vacuum out the fireplace, and plan to paint the brick inserts. I'm somewhat disappointed as now I will have to wait until 1/6 which was the planned install date. I'm sure these additional two plus weeks will mean absolutely nothing once I have the stove but it would have been nice.

Well, back to dreaming about the sound of pellets landing in the firepot.

My order came in two weeks early, the hearth I was building was not completed but was solid for the stove. I said bring it on. I now am enjoying the sweet heat of my Harman P68. Couldn't be happier with the decision. But, now that it is installed, I have gotten lazy with the Hearth. I need to finish the trim and hang the paneling behind it and put up the planned imitation mantle. But, I'll get to it sooner or later, maybe after the holidays. Loving the fire! Good luck on yours, at least you won't have to work on it after the stove gets installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.