Could Not Scrounge This Weekend -- Bruised Ligament Ankle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Between working around the house, picking up some wood I got on a CL lead and overall weekend projects, I am really upset I am not able to do anything but sit with my foot up. Bruised a ligament on my right ankle this week while painting my bedroom. I have some nice cherry waiting for me to pick it up and split and stack. I realized that I cannot sit still and just do nothing so during a Pain Medication break I cleaned the chimney with the soot eater and removed the 4 feet of indoor double wall to clean it at the 90 degree. Of course the wife came home and found me off the sofa and started yelling. So instead of working on wood Im watching TV AAARRRRGGGGGG. I could be getting all of that good stuff.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 258
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 260
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 262
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 257
I feel your pain. I'm fighting the cold from hell, it's a beautiful day and I too am watching tv. It doesn't sound like us New Yorkers are gonna need to burn much wood this week.

BTW- I hope your foot gets better soon.

Thanks Jack Straw, its going to be in the mid to high 60s all week. The overnight was cold here though, it was 25 when i woke up. I was just in your neck of the wood a few weeks ago up on Schenectady. It was mighty cold.

Suppose to get down to 40 °F tonight here in WNY. The rest of the week gorgeous. Rain on and off though. Have about 30 rounds of ash,cherry, oak and pine that needs splitting. Couple of good Hockey games on today to enjoy.

KatWill said:
Bruised a ligament on my right ankle this week while painting my bedroom.
How did that happened, did you twist your ankle?

Ouch! Hope that foot heals quickly.

Dont feel bad for this guy he was out there today splitting wood like a maniac! I set up a scrounge for us and boy was that an adventure! People weren't all there if you know what i mean!

Woody Stover said:
KatWill said:
Bruised a ligament on my right ankle this week while painting my bedroom.
How did that happened, did you twist your ankle?

Laziness got the best of me. So Im painting my bedroom and instead of putting the roller down to move my toolbox out of the way, i moved it with the inside of my right foot and something felt odd right away, woke up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain, I and the wife swore something broke but luckily it was just bruised. She kept me on ice most of the day yesterday and today im almost back to new. Went scrounging today against her advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.